Dear Bluedevil Parents and Athletes,
I know it has been awhile since we have had a chance to see one another but I know that several of our teams have carried on remotely and virtually in several of our sports. I want to thank everyone for their patience as that will be the key to our Fall season and return to full play, patience.
However, I am excited to let you know that our current Phase 1 plan has been approved by Weld Re-8 to resume in-person individualized drill, conditioning and strength work training sessions of small groups of 3-4 students per group and not to exceed one group of 10 or more will be starting on or after Tuesday June 9th. At this time, it will be limited to individual, skill and conditioning workouts. There will not be any live scrimmages or live ball drills where kids will be sharing one ball. All workouts will be in accordance with local health and safety guidelines, as well as the published national guidelines from NFHS (National Federation of High School) sports, and the safer at home ordinance. Also workouts will begin outside and will require your athlete to adhere to the following:
- Student and parent will need to consent to allowing student-athlete to participate in workouts, by signing of a waiver that your athlete understands the potential risks of exposure to COVID -19 and are willing to allow your student to participate knowingly of these risks. It will also state clearly that your athlete’s participation is 100% voluntary and is not required, which is the same for any summer activity in the past related to high school sports. Summer_ReturntoPlay_Waiver-FLHS – This waiver must be signed and no student will be allowed to participate until doing so.
- Hydration stations will NOT be available at the facility; nor should they be used, so all athletes will be required to bring their own water bottle.
- Student will be required to allow coach to take and log temperature at the start of each session, and must complete a 4 question survey every day before the workout. If your athlete has been sick or had a fever DON’T send them to a workout, PLEASE keep them home. If an athlete shows up has a fever they will be sent home. Student temp cannot exceed 100.2.
- We will social distance drills and workouts. Maintaining 6 feet.
- Student will be required to follow all instructions from the coach regarding hygiene, washing hands, sanitizing hands, cleaning of equipment, and respect of personal space, etc. Any student that does not follow these instructions may be sent home immediately from a workout.
- We will allow multiple groups/pods to meet at the same time as long as each group is separated by no less than 25 yards (for example Weight Room and Field, Batting cage and Field)
- No Locker Room Access will be allowed, students need to arrive dressed and ready in workout clothes. They also should not arrive earlier than 15 minutes of their assigned workout time and sessions will be limited to 90 minutes or less.
- Only one restroom will be available for students to access, area will be disinfected after end of every day.
- Students and coaches will be required to stay six feet apart and wear masks at all times inside building. Masks will be optional outside as long as social distancing is in place.
- Hand sanitizer and wipes will be provided at workout locations.
- Weight room equipment will be used by individual students and wiped down after every use when transitioning to new student. Weight room will also be wiped down and sprayed between groups. Students may not use spotters during Phase #1.
- Students are encouraged to shower every day after workout and wash their workout clothes after every use.
- Absolutely NO shared sports equipment during Phase 1 athletes may bring their own ball, bat, batting helmets, gloves, etc. for workouts.
Note: We will be monitoring throughout local, state and national restrictions and guidelines and will adjust accordingly.
Phase 1 is planned to be conducted for a minimum of 3 weeks with the possibility of this phase being shortened depending on the status of Covid restrictions and guidelines.
Several sports are planning to resume individualized workouts starting next week please contact your coach directly for days and times.
Football – Dustin Duff Devilsfootball@outlook.com
Softball – Albert Vasquez firstname.lastname@example.org
Boys Basketball – Jim Roedel email@example.com
Boys Soccer – Kyle Reddy firstname.lastname@example.org
Girls Wrestling – Chris Tijerina Christijerinajr@gmail.com
Boys Wrestling – Tom Galicia email@example.com
Volleyball – Cindy Seiler firstname.lastname@example.org – Not starting until July 6th
Baseball – Cory Miller email@example.com
If a student tests positive with Covid-19 they should be quarantined for 14 days. All other students within the workout group shall also be quarantined for 14 days and/or be tested for Covid-19.
There will be an informational meeting and kick off to summer activities with our AD and Coaches this Monday June 8th at 6:30 PM via a Zoom meeting please join the call and listen in and ask any questions you might have.
Join Zoom Meeting – FLHS Summer Sports Return Guidelines Q&A
Meeting ID: 883 0645 6244
One tap mobile
Meeting ID: 883 0645 6244
Find your local number: https://us02web.zoom.us/u/kmBJ1dHx9
***All participants and coaches will have to sign a waiver before being allowed to participate***
You can download a copy of the waiver here Summer_ReturntoPlay_Waiver-FLHS
Bluedevil Family we are eager to get started, and appreciate your patience and support over the coming months as we ensure a safe return to in person training and eventually play.