Bluedevil Family and Community,
I would like to thank each of you over the past week as we respond and support the decisions of our educational and athletic/activity leaders in regards to COVID-19. The directive of CHSAA was clear and concise and was made based on the safety and security of our students and staff. CHSAA updated on Tuesday March 17th that it would be suspending the Spring Sports season through April 18th. Subsequently after that announcement they also cancelled all remaining winter state playoff games and issued firm expectations and guidelines that each school was to follow. The decision was effective as of Tuesday, March 17, 2020. No spring sports, activities, competition or practices can be held until at least April 18th.The situation will be monitored and evaluated with key decision-makers from around the state to determine when, or if, to resume the spring season.
This letter serves to let everyone know what those guidelines are to ensure that we remain in compliance with our state organizations expectations.
- Coaches can contact student-participants by email, phone and social media regarding voluntary self- workouts, updates, etc. Please reference Q and A 8 under exception 3 of bylaw 2310.5.
- No physical contact, open-gyms, weight-lifting, off-site workouts with school coaches including volunteers, no-in season coach supervision of athletes on school grounds.
- HS/Club coaches can only have contact with those players in the club setting if those players were already established on their club teams prior to the moratorium.
- Bylaw 2310.5 Sunday contact is still applicable as are all eligibility rules.
- No E-sports pilot gaming will be conducted during the moratorium even from home sites as representatives of a school team.
As we get updated information on the official restart date of Spring Sports we will update all information and schedules on our athletics website at www.fortluptonathletics.com
I would just like to say “thank you” to the Commissioner, Board of Directors, membership, and the amazing CHSAA staff for their support and guidance. The collaborative decision making has been in the best interest of our students and school communities and is appreciated.
Should you have any questions regarding your student’s participation in athletics or activities during this time please feel free to reach out to the Athletic Department at 303 857 7100.
Jim Roedel Jr.
Athletic Director – Fort Lupton High School – Go Bluedevils!